2020 AVMS Pet Costume Parade Charity Event Benefiting Southeastern Guide Dogs
Join us on Friday, October 30 (Rain Date, Saturday, October 31st) with your furry friend for our first annual AVMS Halloween Pet Costume Parade. Proceeds from this AVMS charity event benefit Southeastern Guide Dogs.
What’s the parade theme?: Anything Goes. The pet costume does not have to be a scary Halloween costume.
The Parade Entry Fee is $10 per pet for AVMS members, and $12 per pet for Non-Members. One pet per entry.
There will be a Sign-in Booth located in the driveway just outside the west entrance of the Oasis parking lot. That’s where you will receive your official participant ID number.
Parade Sign-in & Line Up: Sign-in starts at 4:00 pm.
Parade Start Time: 4:30 pm.
Parade Route: Walking path around northwest Oasis building. See Parade Route Map for details.
Duration: 30 minutes
To sign up for the Halloween Pet Costume Parade, pet owners must fill out an entry form. If you can’t download it and print from this page, you can request a form by sending an email with your name, and your pet’s name, to: LaughDWLWR@gmail.com.
If you don’t have a way to email, pick up a registration form at the Oasis WiFi Café. Once completed, please drop off registration form along with a check made out to: DWLWR AVMS. The AVMS drop-box is located just around the corner from the WiFi Café.
Deadline to Register: Friday, October 23rd 2020.
Awards presented and pictures taken immediately after the parade. Awards categories are:
- Scariest Costume
- Best Owner / Pet look-a-like costume
- Best Overall
Judging Criteria for each category:
- Bonus points for creativity.
- Pet and Escort dressed in costume: Bonus points for the use of a decorated float/stroller/wagon.
- Crowd Pleaser: bonus points for tricks performed and “Awe!” factor.
Pet Parade Rules:
- Mask wearing and social distancing rules will be enforced along parade route.
- All pets MUST be on leash or crated.
- No Flexi-leashes or retractable leashes are allowed during the parade.
- Please do not allow anyone to feed or touch your pet during parade.
- Pets must be escorted by someone at least 18 years old.
- No political or commercial promotions and no demonstrations.
- No solicitations and No sale of any product is allowed.
- Foot power only (exceptions may be arranged for special needs).
- Wagons and strollers are allowed but no more than one per parade entry.
- Pet owners must pick up their pet’s “refuse” before, during, and after the parade. Bring the necessary disposable bags.
- Participants will receive their parade line up number (Numbers indicate line up order).
- The parade logistics will be reviewed the day of event at Sign Up Desk.
- A review of the parade flow and your responsibilities during the parade will be presented.
- Award ceremony occurs immediately following parade in Lake House Parking Area.
Del Webb, Lakewood Ranch, Association of Veterans and Military Supporters is a qualified 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization and donations are tax-deductible to the full extent of the law.