July 12, 2022 AVMS Meeting Minutes
Call to Order: Rich Greenberg, President, called the meeting to order at 6:30 pm. Director-At-Large Joe Ward led the Pledge of Allegiance. Invocation was given by Ken Anderson.
Welcome Remarks: New members were welcomed by President, Rich Greenberg.
Roll Call/Attendance: All five Directors present: Rich Greenberg, Dave Chervin, Steve Milbrod, John Bastiani and Joe Ward.
Guest Speaker: Art Gillis – representing the Del Webb CERTS group.
Secretary’s Report: New Secretary Dave Chervin announced that June 2022 meeting minutes were approved by the Board electronically and are available on our Website. Minutes will be posted on the A.V.M.S. website.
Membership Roster – Dave Chervin reported as of the meeting we have 351 members.
Treasurer’s Report: Steve Milbrod reported: Opening balance $16,500.93 Ending Balance $17,829.09. Expenses included a single check for $500.00 for deposit on our October concert fundraiser. For the previous month we brought in $1,828.14.
Donation from LWR Community Activities $6,500
Additional donations $14,150
Shirt sales $65
Lip Sync ticket sales $620
Communications: John Bastiani reported that the A.V.M.S. Facebook and Del Webb Lighter Side pages are being modified with improvements.
Supply Officer: Mike Calka filled in for Debbie DiStefano and had shirts and hats available.
- Steve Milbrod reported that the Lip Sync show has sold out and he is looking for volunteers to set up.
- Dave Chervin was introduced as the new Secretary taking over for Linda Chambers. He ran unopposed and there was no need for an election.
- Bob Sharak was announced as the AVMS Member of the Quarter.
- Rich Greenberg explained that The Windsor (an Assisted Living facility) will be hosting a free monthly breakfast for veterans (both members and non-members). The next one will be August 10th at 9:30 am.
- Member Rick Davis suggested that we add a link to the website on all e-mails
Next Meeting: September TBD at 6:30 pm. The guest speaker will be a representative from the Manatee County Tax Assessors office.
9/11 Ceremony – TBD
9/17 – Membership Appreciation Dance (we will be celebrating the 5th anniversary of Del Webb A.V.M.S).
Motion to close the meeting at 7:45 was made by Rich Greenberg and seconded by Joe Ward.
Dave Chervin – Secretary