July 12, 2023 AVMS Meeting Minutes
Call to Order: John Bastiani, Vice -President, called the meeting to order at 6:30 pm. Director-At-Large Joe Ward led the Pledge of Allegiance.
Welcome Remarks: New members were welcomed by Vice – President, John Bastiani.
Roll Call / Attendance: Four Directors were present (Rich Greenberg absent).
Secretary’s Report: Dave Chervin announced that June’s meeting minutes were approved by the Board electronically and are available on our Website. Minutes are posted on the A.V.M.S. website.
Membership Roster – Dave Chervin reported as of the meeting we have 59 new members for the 2023 calendar year.
Treasurer’s Report: Steve Milbrod reported:
Opening balance: $21,187.95
Ending Balance: $23,574.02
$100 – Dues
$141 – 50/50 proceeds
$2,000 – Lakewood Ranch Community Activities (Parade Color Guard)
$100 – Donations (Sponsor and Friends)
$403 – Merchandise sales
$320 – band deposit Fall Fiesta
$110.93 – printing costs for corporate sponsor window clings
Guest Speaker – Shawn Betten discussed Veteran’s benefits
- Steve Milbrod reminded everyone that Lip Sync will be held July 29th.
- Paul Cote discussed Neighbors Helping Neighbors will host a Next Step memory screening event July 26th.
- JCFS Stand Down – Paul Cote discussed this event to be held September 23rd at Robards Arena. Volunteers are needed and more information is forthcoming.
- John Bastiani spoke about Zip Sprout a group that pairs corporate sponsors with charities. The law firm Luhrsen Goldberg has pledged a $100 donation.
- John Bastiani gave an update on the Build to Honor. The Pulte home at Sapphire Point was presented to the family July 12th..
- Deb Distefano announced that we will begin the planning for Operation Thanksgiving with an early kickoff. It will be in conjunction with a golf cart parade September 30th.
Refreshments for the meeting were donated by Steve and Ellen Milbrod.
Our next meeting will be Tuesday September 12th at 6:30 pm. (no August meeting).
Motion to close the meeting at 7:30 was made by Joe Ward and seconded by John Bastiani.
Respectively submitted, Dave Chervin – Secretary