April 11, 2023 AVMS Meeting Minutes
Call to Order: Rich Greenberg, President, called the meeting to order at 6:30 pm. Director-At-Large Joe Ward led the Pledge of Allegiance.
Welcome Remarks: New members were welcomed by President, Rich Greenberg.
Roll Call/Attendance: All five Directors present: Rich Greenberg, Dave Chervin, Steve Milbrod, John Bastiani and Joe Ward.
Our Guest speaker was Kendra Simpkins – CEO and Founder Operation Warrior Resolution
Secretary’s Report: Dave Chervin announced that March 2023’s meeting minutes were approved by the Board electronically and are available on our Website. Minutes are posted on the A.V.M.S. website.
Membership Roster: Dave Chervin reported as of the meeting we have 50 new members for the 2023 calendar year.
Treasurer’s Report: Steve Milbrod reported:
Opening balance $10,662.65
Ending Balance $16,256.94
$665 – Dues
$548 – Del Webb Feud tickets
$4,455 – Webb Fest ticket sales
$48 – Donations
$85 – 50/50
$965 – Corporate Sponsors
$210 – Merchandise sales
$799 – Webb Feud Fundraiser Vendor
$503.74 – Merchandise order
$22.34 – Supplies
$20.17 – Renewal Website domain name
- Our Spring Dance will be held in the Oasis parking lot on April 22nd. We have sold over 350 tickets. It will feature the Juicy Purple band. An ice cream truck will be on site.
- The Lakewood Ranch Memorial Day parade will be held May 28th starting at 7:00pm. There will be a reception for veterans and (1) guest at 5:30 pm. More details will be provided prior to the event.
- Corporate Sponsorships – Mary Northrup gave an update on the work her committee is doing. Corporate sponsorships will be solicited with a reward program such as Platinum ($1,000) Gold ($500) Silver ($300) and Bronze ($200) and Friend ($100). Sponsors will be able to advertise on our website and would receive complimentary admissions to events. Sponsors thus far include Arista Realty (Platinum) , Pulte Homes (Platinum) Remy’s (Gold) , Juniper (Gold), Jersey Roots (Friend) and Randy LeGrand (Friend). A total of $3,200 has been donated so far.
- John Bastiani explained that we will provide free installation of flag brackets (preferably white) in advance of Memorial Day.
- Rich Greenberg announced that we will have a Missing Man table again in the Oasis during the month of May to honor POW’s and MIA’s. We will honor fallen warriors by posting stars in the lobby.
- Bob Turner spoke about the American flag retirement program that he is organizing. There will be a ceremony May 28th at 10:00 am.
- George Becker was recognized as our Member of the Quarter.
- Steve Milbrod announced that we will be Co-hosting the Annual Splish Splash event with the HOA again this year. It will be held at the main pool May 27th from 4-7 pm.
- John Bastiani thanked our members Peggy Hufford and Mary Northrup for donating refreshments at the meeting.
Our next meeting will be Tuesday May 9th at 6:30 pm.
Motion to close the meeting at 7:30 was made by Rich Greenberg and seconded by John Bastiani.
Dave Chervin – Secretary