February 9, 2021 Meeting Minutes
Call To Order: Jerry Hufford called the meeting (Zoom) to order at 6:30 pm. Joe Ward led the Pledge of Allegiance. Invocation was given by Ken Anderson.
Attendance: Directors present were Jerry Hufford, Rich Greenberg, Steve Milbrod, Bob Sharak, and Joe Ward. Thus, there was a quorum of Directors. There were 22 participants in the Zoom meeting.
Welcome Remarks: There were 4 new members added to the active roster in February (there were 9 added in January). New members were welcomed by Commander Jerry Hufford.
Guest Speaker: There was no guest speaker at the meeting.
Steve Milbrod reported:
Opening balance $2,686
+ revenues from dues $1,260
-expenses (primary shirts) $552
Ending balance $3,394
Bob Sharak asked for and received Board approval of January 12, 2021 meeting minutes. Minutes are posted on our website.
Membership Directory: 156 Active members as of the date of the meeting. 48 members have not yet renewed (25% of year-end roster).
Membership Acquisition/Retention: No report.
Website: No report.
Neighbors Helping Neighbors:
- 1/21/21 held first meeting in the new year and formed different sub-committees. 14 residents were in attendance…including Jerry Hufford.
- Full page ads are being run in “Threads of the Web” during the first quarter, with quarter page ads in subsequent months, as well as weekly updates which will include testimonies of neighbors helping neighbors.
- Neighbors Helping Neighbors has made a formal request to survey all AVMS Members for purposes of determining their interest in a particular service area with Neighbors Helping Neighbors (e.g., Meals, Transportation, etc.).
- Next meeting is 2/23 at 1:30 P.M. in the OASIS, and all are welcome. NOTE: Masks are required.
Sergeant of Arms: No report.
Supply Officer: Vice Commander Rich Greenberg reported for Debbie DiStefano. 20 confirmed orders for the new T-shirts. The order will be placed on February 15, and will also include some shirts for inventory purposes. Cost to member is $10 / shirt, except 2XL, which will be $12.
- Save the dates for Key Events for 2021 were distributed in a separate email to members.
- Rich Greenberg is in process of creating a Color Guard with 5 Service Flags. This will be used for various events. Thus far, he has 7-8 volunteers, but would welcome more. A member does not have to have been in the military to serve in the Color Guard. Any man or woman member can volunteer.
- The first event of the year was announced, the “Webb Fest” fundraiser on Friday April 23rd. It will be held in the Oasis outdoor parking lot. Live band playing 70’s and 80’s music from 7-9 pm. John Bastiani has kindly agreed to entertain for the first hour at 6:00 pm. Catering to be provided by the Lake House. Winn-Dixie has offered to provide items for raffle. Details to follow in separate emails.
- Membership dues to stay the same in 2021: $20/single and $35/couple.
Next Meeting: March 9th 6:30 pm.
Open Forum: No questions.
Motion to close the meeting was made and seconded. The meeting adjourned at 7:02 pm.
Robert Sharak – Secretary