September 12, 2023 AVMS Meeting Minutes
Call to Order: Rich Greenberg – President, called the meeting to order at 6:30 pm. Director-At-Large Joe Ward led the Pledge of Allegiance.
Invocation: Bob Turner
Welcome Remarks: New members were welcomed by Secretary – Dave Chervin.
Roll Call / Attendance: All Five Directors were present
Secretary’s Report: Dave Chervin announced that July 2023 meeting minutes were approved by the Board electronically and are available on our Website. Minutes are posted on the A.V.M.S. website.
Membership Roster – Dave Chervin reported as of the meeting we have 73 new members for the 2023 calendar year. Total membership is 419.
Treasurer’s Report: Steve Milbrod reported:
Opening balance $25,516.83
Ending Balance $23,669.83
$76 – Dues
$1,375 – From Corporate Sponsorship (WAWA $1,000 and Golf Package Raffle $375)
$202 – Lip Sync proceeds
$500 – donation to JFCS Veteran’s Outreach
$1,000 – donation to My Warrior’s Place
- JCFS Stand Down – this event to be held September 23rd at Robard’s Arena. There will be handouts and an Amnesty Court for Homeless Veterans. Volunteers will be needed and more information is forthcoming.
- Deb Distefano talked about the planning for Operation Thanksgiving with an early kickoff. It will be in conjunction with a golf cart parade September 30th. The deadline to register for the parade is 9/22. There are currently 21 carts registered. There will be prizes and a 50/50 Raffle.
- Steve Milbrod discussed the upcoming Fall Fiesta to be held outdoors 10/14.
- Randy LeGrand was introduced as the new Sergeant at Arms.
- There will be a Pinning Ceremony at Water’s Edge 11/10.
We will have Color a Guard at these events:
- A Salute to Veterans at Brittany Point 55+ (community luncheon) 11/10
- Manatee Community Concert Band 11/11
Our next meeting will be Tuesday September 12th at 6:30 pm. (no August meeting).
Motion to close the meeting at 7:30 was made by Joe Ward and seconded by John Bastiani.
Dave Chervin – Secretary