September 13, 2022 AVMS Meeting Minutes
Call to Order: Rich Greenberg, President, called the meeting to order at 6:30 pm. Director-At-Large Joe Ward led the Pledge of Allegiance. Invocation was given by Paul Cote.
Welcome Remarks: Two new members were welcomed by President, Rich Greenberg.
Roll Call/Attendance: All five Directors present: Rich Greenberg, Dave Chervin, Steve Milbrod, John Bastiani and Joe Ward.
Guest Speaker: Charles Hackney – representing the Manatee County Tax Assessor’s Office.
Secretary’s Report: Dave Chervin announced that July 2022 meeting minutes were approved by the Board electronically and are available on our Website. Minutes will be posted on the A.V.M.S. website.
Membership Roster – Dave Chervin reported as of the meeting we have 373 members.
Treasurer’s Report: Steve Milbrod reporting:
Opening balance $19,426.82
Ending Balance $15,826.37
Expenses included checks for $1000.00 each given out at the Lip Sync event to: “MOTS” “My Warrior’s Place” “JFCS”, Veteran’s Outreach “Southeastern Guide Dogs” An additional check $28.45 was for supplies for the Lip Sync event.
Deposits were: $95.00 – Dues, $133.00 – late revenue from the Lip Sync fundraiser, $200.00 – cash returned from money withdrawn to make change for the Lip Sync event. Additional monies to charity partners will be distributed in November.
Committee Reports: NONE
- Lip Sync update – Steve Milbrod reported on the results of the event.
- The Windsor Veteran Breakfast – Rich Greenberg reminded all Veterans that they and their spouse/partners are invited the second Wednesday of every month.
- 9/11 – Rich Greenberg reminded everyone the best way to “Never Forget” was to attend the ceremony.
- The WAWA Foundation made a contribution of $1,000.00.
- Rich Greenberg spoke about an upcoming event at Sapphire Point development. Pulte, in coordination with Build for Honor, will be presenting a mortgage-free home to a disabled veteran in October.
- 9/17 – Membership Appreciation Dance (we will be celebrating the 5th anniversary of Del Webb A.V.M.S).
- 11/6 – Veterans Day in the Oasis parking lot (1:00 – 2:00) BYOC (bring your own chair). The guest speaker will be the Chief of Staff at the Florida Department of Veterans affairs.
Next Meeting: October 11th at 6:30p.m.
Motion to close the meeting at 7:45 was made by Rich Greenberg and seconded by Joe Ward.
Dave Chervin – Secretary