December 8, 2020 Meeting Minutes
Call To Order:
Jerry Hufford called the meeting (Zoom) to order at 6:30 pm. Director-at-Large Joe Ward led the Pledge of Allegiance. Ken Anderson provided the invocation.
Attendance: Directors present were Jerry Hufford, Gerry Northrup, Steve Milbrod, Bob Sharak, and Joe Ward. Thus, there was a quorum. There were 20 participants in the Zoom meeting.
There were no new members present to recognize.
There was no guest speaker at the meeting.
Steve Milbrod reported:
Ending balance $627
Charity Donations for 2020, in spite of COVID-19, totaled $20,220:
Manasota Operation Troop Support $2,240
Southeast Guide Dogs $2,000
MacDill Operation Thanksgiving $10,000
MacDill Operation Warm Heart $2,000
Our Next Mission $2,000
Turning Points $2,000
Total Donations $20,240.
Bob Sharak asked for and received Board approval of Oct 13, 2020 meeting minutes. Minutes are posted on our website.
Membership Roster: 194 Active members. Reminder that the deadline for renewing dues is 1/1/21. 46% of members have renewed thus far.
John Bastiani reported several activities:
- He will compile a list of new residents from the monthly Threads magazine. Once Castle updates the directory with their emails, John will send them an introduction to AVMS.
- He will try to set up an introductory meeting of AVMS, with residents, assuming COVID-19 permits.
Website: No report.
Neighbors Helping Neighbors:
Ken Anderson reported Our “Neighbors Helping Neighbors” Committee Members include:
- Cynthia Lambeth
- Mark Lambeth
- Rosie Lumetta
- Rick Davis
- Paul Cote
- Ken Anderson
Amanda Arnold has been great for her support in getting our “Neighbors Helping Neighbors” information socialized in the new resident packet and through the plastic display in the WiFi Cafe, the OASIS Bulletin Board, Facebook and Threads of the Webb.
Sergeant of Arms: No report.
Supply Officer: Debbie DiStefano that there are shirts and hats now available for sale. Some sizes may not be available. Debbie is also getting other vendor quotes for a more casual wear type t-shirt.
- Halloween Pet Parade – Jerry Hufford reported for Event leader Steve Milbrod. The event was held on Friday Oct 30th, and was well received and attended. It raised $1,500.
- Veterans Day Nov 8th – Jerry Hufford reports that the event was held outside this year due to COVID-19, on the lawn behind the Memorial Flag-pole area. Event followed a similar program to last year, only outside. Masks were worn and social distancing emphasized. There were 5 guest speakers, each representing the charity A.V.M.S. donated to.
- Operation Thanksgiving – Committee Chair Bob Sharak reports that funds for 200 gift bags/commissary gift cards were donated by Del Webb residents, both members and non-members of A.V.M.S., doubling the number of military families donated to versus the prior year. Also, the “Winn-Dixie Gives Foundation” matched the gift bags by donating 200 turkeys to the same military families. Winn-Dixie also donated $2,000 cash to A.V.M.S. to supplement the effort, which was in turn donated to the MacDill Operation Warm Heart Fund for needy military families.
- Special Thank You to Gerry Northrup, outgoing Vice Commander.
- Carts and Carols Golf Cart Parade – Commander Jerry Hufford reported that the parade will be the second nighttime parade. Dec 12, at 5:45 pm. 35 Golf carts have signed up thus far. The parade was followed by a Zoom program of Caroling by the Del Webb Let’s Sing Choral group.
- By-Law changes – Secretary Bob Sharak announced the proposed changes, which were all voted on and approved by over 2/3 of the members present. Per our By-Laws, amendments must be approved by a two-thirds majority of the votes cast at a monthly meeting of members in good standing.
Additions: Organization is a public charity under IRS code 509(a)(2) and a 501(c)(3) for federal income tax purposes
Deletions: Dissolve the Grounds Beautification committee.
a) Corrected to say the monthly meeting will be held on the second Tuesday of the month, not Thursdays.
b) In various places, replace the committee name “Outreach” with the name “Neighbors Helping Neighbors”
3.Board Election results – Bob Sharak, Secretary reported that Rich Greenberg won the election for Vice Commander. Steve Milbrod ran as Treasurer unopposed.
Thus, the new Board of Directors for 2021 is:
Commander Jerry Hufford
Vice Commander Rich Greenberg
Secretary Bob Sharak
Treasurer Steve Milbrod
Director-at-Large Joe Ward
Open Forum: No questions.
Motion to close the meeting was made and seconded. The meeting adjourned at 7:06 pm.
Robert Sharak – Secretary